Tuesday 15 January 2008

Overhaulin' Kereta Jahat - Bodywork and Painting

I'm still waiting enough info and photos from the other LSSOC members to featuring their mean machines in this blog. If you guys are reading this, please send me details of yours. A lot of people is waiting to study your modification. In the mean times, here's my modification to date to my Kereta Jahat.

I bought this piece of metal back in 2006... end of 2006 if not mistaken. This car was from Banting and belong to seorang Pak Haji lah..... Physically it was very good. Engine, a/c, wiper etc are functioning well. Speed reached 110mph on Kesas Hiway that time.... wah lau weh... but bit shaking during cornering somehow. Body painting was good but I've decided to send it to bodywork shop to have a look.


Original condition.... 2006


Wah lau...

I sent this car back to Banting to a recommended bodywork shop. The shop is owned by Mr Abdullah Darini. Nice guy..... and deliver things as promissed.

When stripped off I could see severe corrosion on the chasis. Most could be found around front
and rear windscreen. Abdullah has replaced rusted metals with the new one. The artwork is ok la. Look at the picture below. You can spot patched areas coated in brown.



Next step, I had to look for a great painter.... and also with a reasonable price. Finally, by recommendation, I reached a paint shop in Bangi. If you are coming from Uniten hailing to Sg Merab, the shop is on your right (atas bukit) near a U-Turn. Pandai pandai la cari... agat tersorok. The shop is running by Encik Yus... 
and I still dunt know his full name. Beside him is Zaki.... runing the shop together. 
Yus is a perfectionist. He did it himself and could redo again and again. My Sapporo for example, has undergone several plaster-primer-plaster-primer-plaster..... waaaaa manyak lama lor... Thus it took sometimes to finish the body paint but superb result.


plaster...


primer...


plaster balik.... kalau tak salah sampai 5 layer


bila dah siap... kilat banget....

However, that's not the colour I preferred. It should be red dunhill. Nevertheless, it comes out...

1 comment:

  1. Good color !

    Nice to see these cars still around.

    ReplyDelete